Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Project Override Upstream Proxy Servers - Autopopulating and causing infinite proxy loop

Wayne | Last updated: Sep 24, 2020 10:12PM UTC

I'm having an issue when I try to proxy chain to Fiddler in a corporate environment. I had previously used Fiddler to handle PAC rules to authenticate to outbound web proxy server (NTLM) for external assets and direct connect rules (mostly internal assets). When I chain like this, I'm noticing that the Project Options tab --> Upstream Proxy Servers --> Override User Options automatically checks off and starts populating the list by itself of internal and external assets and sets the proxy server to 127.0.0.1:8888 (my Burp proxy listener socket). This is causing an infinite proxy loop and just shows the burp web page (http://burp). How can we get this to stop autopopulating the list? Unchecking "override" temporarily allows me to proxy successfully. And then a few seconds later it starts populating the site list and proxying doesn't work anymore.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 25, 2020 10:08AM UTC

Hi Wayne, Unchecking the override options should be persistent after each restart of Burp. It is strange that the option automatically checks off. Can you please send a screen recording of your issue to support@portswigger.net?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.