Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Problem with sqlmap after burp update to 2021.4.2

Shomi | Last updated: May 05, 2021 12:59PM UTC

Sqlmap can be run by giving --proxy https://127.0.0.1:8080 which will take alll its data through burp. However, after the recent update in burpsuite, while running sqlmap with burp proxy, getting error: [18:24:03] [INFO] testing connection to the target URL [18:24:05] [CRITICAL] unable to connect to the target URL or proxy. sqlmap is going to retry the request(s) [18:24:05] [WARNING] if the problem persists please check that the provided target URL is reachable. In case that it is, you can try to rerun with switch '--random-agent' [18:24:10] [CRITICAL] unable to connect to the target URL or proxy [*] ending @ 18:24:10 /2021-05-05/ This is happening even if getting proper response in burp. This issue however started due to burp update as I didn't do any update to sqlmap.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 05, 2021 03:15PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Do you see any messages in the Burp event log when the connection is attempted? Is there any difference in behavior if you go to Project Options -> HTTP -> HTTP/2 and uncheck the option for 'Enable HTTP/2'?

Shomi | Last updated: May 14, 2021 06:56AM UTC

Thanks Michelle. This helps with the issue. SQLMap is able to pass traffic through burp without throwing an error after disabling HTTP/2.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 14, 2021 08:47AM UTC

I'm glad that helped. This is a known issue that we are currently working on. We've linked this thread so we can let you know when there is an update.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 09, 2021 02:55PM UTC

I just wanted to let you know that a fix for this issue was included in our 2021.6 Early Adopter release so you should not need to alter the default settings to connect to these sites. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Shomi | Last updated: Aug 13, 2021 10:50AM UTC

Thanks for the fix Michelle!

Avinash | Last updated: Sep 24, 2022 03:23PM UTC

even after unchecking http/2 ,still i am unable to connect

Avinash | Last updated: Sep 24, 2022 03:23PM UTC

please help

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 26, 2022 10:38AM UTC

Hi Could you tell me the version of Burp that you are using? Could you also describe the issue you are facing, and if there are any error messages displaying, could you tell us what they are? If you'd like to drop us an email instead, our support contact is support@portswigger.net.

wochicheng | Last updated: Nov 10, 2022 08:30AM UTC

after unchecking http/2 ,still i am unable to connect,my version is burpsuite_community_macos_arm64_v2022_11.dmg,my sqlmap is installed by grew,sqlmap version is 1.6.11#stable

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 10, 2022 10:52AM UTC

Hi The original issue reported in this thread has been resolved, so it would be good to find out more about what you are currently seeing. - Are any messages displayed in the Event Log on Burp's Dashboard when you try to connect? - Do you have this issue connecting to all sites or just a specific one? - Where did you change the HTTP/2 settings? Have you disabled it under Project Options -> HTTP -> HTTP/2 -> 'Default to HTTP/2 if the server supports it', Proxy -> Options -> Proxy Listener -> Edit -> HTTP -> 'Support HTTP/2' or both locations?

wochicheng | Last updated: Nov 11, 2022 02:15AM UTC

i have changed this obtion “ Setting -> Network -> HTTP -> HTTP/2 -> 'Default to HTTP/2 if the server supports it'”,yesterday Event Log dont have new event my burpsuite have configured socks proxy, when my sqlmap use bupsuite as proxy,i find i can connect Extranet host, but i can't connect Intranet host

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 14, 2022 11:33AM UTC

Hi Can you connect to your host using Burp's Repeater tool? You can copy the URL you want to access, then in Repeater, right-click and select "Paste URL as request" to quickly generate a request. Do you receive the correct response back, or do you still receive an error?

Niroop | Last updated: Mar 19, 2024 08:01AM UTC

I am facing the same issue while using sqlmap, I have unchecked the option Setting -> Network -> HTTP -> HTTP/2 -> 'Default to HTTP/2 $ sqlmap -r sql.txt --batch --level 5 --risk 3 --dbs --proxy https://127.0.0.1:8181 --random-agent ___ __H__ ___ ___[)]_____ ___ ___ {1.8.3#pip} |_ -| . [(] | .'| . | |___|_ ["]_|_|_|__,| _| |_|V... |_| https://sqlmap.org [!] legal disclaimer: Usage of sqlmap for attacking targets without prior mutual consent is illegal. It is the end user's responsibility to obey all applicable local, state and federal laws. Developers assume no liability and are not responsible for any misuse or damage caused by this program [*] starting @ 13:26:54 /2024-03-19/ [13:26:54] [INFO] parsing HTTP request from 'sql.txt' [13:26:54] [INFO] fetched random HTTP User-Agent header value 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3. 5.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)' from file 'C:\Users\ni\PycharmProjects\pythonProject\.venv\Lib\site-packages\sqlmap\data\txt\user-agents.txt' [13:26:54] [INFO] testing connection to the target URL [13:27:25] [CRITICAL] connection timed out to the target URL or proxy. sqlmap is going to retry the request(s) [13:27:25] [WARNING] if the problem persists please check that the provided target URL is reachable [13:28:55] [CRITICAL] connection timed out to the target URL or proxy [*] ending @ 13:28:55 /2024-03-19/

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 19, 2024 11:47AM UTC

Hi Does the same message occur when you run SQLMap directly from the command line? Do you receive any errors in your "Extensions > Installed > Errors" tab for this extension?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.