Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

Problem with sqlmap after burp update to 2021.4.2

Shomi | Last updated: May 05, 2021 12:59PM UTC

Sqlmap can be run by giving --proxy https://127.0.0.1:8080 which will take alll its data through burp. However, after the recent update in burpsuite, while running sqlmap with burp proxy, getting error: [18:24:03] [INFO] testing connection to the target URL [18:24:05] [CRITICAL] unable to connect to the target URL or proxy. sqlmap is going to retry the request(s) [18:24:05] [WARNING] if the problem persists please check that the provided target URL is reachable. In case that it is, you can try to rerun with switch '--random-agent' [18:24:10] [CRITICAL] unable to connect to the target URL or proxy [*] ending @ 18:24:10 /2021-05-05/ This is happening even if getting proper response in burp. This issue however started due to burp update as I didn't do any update to sqlmap.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 05, 2021 03:15PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Do you see any messages in the Burp event log when the connection is attempted? Is there any difference in behavior if you go to Project Options -> HTTP -> HTTP/2 and uncheck the option for 'Enable HTTP/2'?

Shomi | Last updated: May 14, 2021 06:56AM UTC

Thanks Michelle. This helps with the issue. SQLMap is able to pass traffic through burp without throwing an error after disabling HTTP/2.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 14, 2021 08:47AM UTC

I'm glad that helped. This is a known issue that we are currently working on. We've linked this thread so we can let you know when there is an update.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 09, 2021 02:55PM UTC

I just wanted to let you know that a fix for this issue was included in our 2021.6 Early Adopter release so you should not need to alter the default settings to connect to these sites. If you have any questions, please let us know.

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.