Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Problem with "Failed to open file"

PJ | Last updated: Sep 02, 2021 03:05AM UTC

Hi Team, I can't select file to upload burp extension. It shows "Failed to open file/folder" both burp extension and other language environment. I uninstalled and installed again before but it didn't help. I don't know what to do. Thank you and regards

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 02, 2021 08:16AM UTC

Hi PJ, Are you trying to upload a .bapp file? Or a JAR/.py file? Can you share some steps to replicate this, please? Have you read the documentation? - https://portswigger.net/support/how-to-install-an-extension-in-burp-suite

PJ | Last updated: Sep 02, 2021 02:19PM UTC

Yes, I want to upload a JAR file and I already read the documentation. I'm using Burp on Windows. I have written Burp Extension in Java language and will upload a JAR file. In the tab Extender > Extensions, When I click add and select file from Extension file in Java type, It's nothing happened. In the tab Extender > Options, I can't select file/folder for other language environment. It shows "Failed to open file" By the way, I can install Burp Extensions from BApp Store.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 02, 2021 02:24PM UTC

Thanks for that information. To clarify, nothing needs to be set under Extender > Options for Java extensions. It looks like you are following the right steps so this is quite odd! If you could send the JAR file or a link to a GitHub repo, we can look into this for you. You can reach us at support@portswigger.net

PJ | Last updated: Sep 02, 2021 02:34PM UTC

Thank you for your help, Uthman

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.