Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Problem

Burp User | Last updated: Mar 26, 2020 06:09AM UTC

Hello, I have a problem with Burp Suite Pro. I run 6 windows at the same time. After a while, half of the windows themselves close. The remaining windows begin to use a lot of RAM. One of the windows uses 50 GB of RAM, the other 30 GB. I have a 128 GB RAM server and cannot handle 6 windows, why? In the settings, I turn off dynamic javascript.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 26, 2020 08:41AM UTC

Hi Davidova, By 6 windows, do you mean 6 instances of Burp open? Are you running scans on all of them? If so, how many?

Burp User | Last updated: Mar 26, 2020 10:44AM UTC

Yes, I mean 6 instances of Burp open. Yes I run scans on all of them. 1 domain = 1 Burp.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 26, 2020 10:57AM UTC

Can you confirm which version of Pro you are running? Can you try keeping only one instance of Pro running and scheduling all your scans in that? You can specify how much memory burp uses in the VMOPTIONS file (found in the installation directory > Contents). Burp will use half of what is available on your server by default. You can also launch Burp from the command line and specify the memory usage using the final argument listed here: https://portswigger.net/support/using-burp-suites-command-line-arguments.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.