Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Pro 6.36 and 6.37 will not start, corrupt

Jason | Last updated: Feb 16, 2016 04:00PM UTC

I can run the free version .32. I purchased Pro and it won't start. Invalid or corrupt jarfile burpsuite_pro_v1.6.36.jar Invalid or corrupt jarfile burpsuite_pro_v1.6.37.jar

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 16, 2016 04:31PM UTC

Hi Jason Thanks for your message. We recently had an issue with our downloads, but it occurred very intermittently, causing some superfluous data to be appended to the downloaded JAR file in certain situations, which caused it not to open correctly. We have since fixed the issue, could you try downloading the JAR file once more and let us know if the issue persists. You could also try updating to the latest version of Oracle Java. Once you have downloaded the file again, you can generate a checksum of your file and compare it against the value shown in the release notes for that version of Burp. If the checksum is different, then the file is different.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 18, 2016 03:13PM UTC

Hi Ed Thanks for your message. We believed that this issue had been resolved. If you could share the file with us it would help us get the bottom of your corrupt .jar file. Would it be possible to upload the file to a file sharing site and provide us with a link?

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 06, 2016 01:53AM UTC

I've downloaded pro 1.6.38 and 1.6.39, and neither md5 values match what is in the release notes, EVERY TIME from different browsers. It appears this issue is a recurring issue, and is not fixed with the current version.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 06, 2016 10:47PM UTC

Can you provide me with a contact email address?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 07, 2016 04:20AM UTC

Hi Ed You can contact us via support@portswigger.net.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 07, 2016 07:40AM UTC

It may be difficult for me to upload to an online file sharing site. Can I just provide you our account information and you download it yourself from the links provided in our account?

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 07, 2016 07:52AM UTC

Or, can I email the file to you?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 07, 2016 08:18AM UTC

Hi Ed We believe the issue is related to the download process and not your account. This is something we have been unable to replicate thus far. We have had issues receiving the file via email in the past, which is why we suggested file sharing. However, you can try and send via email and we'll do our best to investigate further. Thanks again for your continued correspondence.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 07, 2016 08:26AM UTC

Thanks Ed. We are continuing to investigate this issue and will let you know when we make some progress.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 08, 2016 02:10AM UTC

you should have a link to the uploaded files in the email address you provided above.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 11, 2016 08:21AM UTC

Hi Ed We believe the issue you are having may be related to the download timing out. Approximately how long is the download taking? Is it more than a few minutes?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.