Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Pretty with word wrapping support

muhammed | Last updated: Jun 23, 2020 04:40AM UTC

Hi, I think it would be better if you guys support word-wrap for Pretty feature, since working with JSON, some of the values are long and we have to use horizontal scrollbar, and for copying and dragging, it's really worse when you miss. Please consider adding this feature, thanks so much.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 23, 2020 08:12AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback. We've got a record of it and have passed it on to the Product Team to review. This forum post is linked so we can update this thread with updates.

EmmaJ | Last updated: Sep 04, 2020 09:25AM UTC

I would also love this - pretty printing is a nice feature to have, but without wrapping it's unusable in many cases.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 04, 2020 09:40AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback, we've added a note to record that you're interested in this feature too.

Jeffrey | Last updated: Sep 30, 2020 09:35PM UTC

This is a Pretty big pain point at the moment. I'd much rather default to the "Raw" tab and avoid Pretty entirely without support for word-wrap. An option to choose the default tab would help, and might be a good idea. Though if Pretty had word-wrap I probably wouldn't need to use Raw. As it stands now, for every request I review, I have to click Raw, sometimes on both the request and response, and cannot quickly arrow through them like I used since most of the body will be out of view.

muhammed | Last updated: Oct 01, 2020 03:38AM UTC

Hey @Jeffrey, you can turn off Pretty by default. Hi @Michelle, is there any update on this?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 01, 2020 09:45AM UTC

I'm afraid we don't have any timescales for this feature request as yet, we'll post on this thread when there is an update.

muhammed | Last updated: Dec 03, 2020 08:11AM UTC

I believe this issue was forgotten

muhammed | Last updated: Dec 03, 2020 08:11AM UTC

I believe this issue was forgotten

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 03, 2020 01:44PM UTC

We haven't forgotten about this one, we're monitoring requests for this feature so I'll add your vote to the list

muhammed | Last updated: Feb 09, 2021 12:26PM UTC

Hello, why it's already been months with multiple updates but this suggestion is still not accepted since everyone needs it?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 10, 2021 11:56AM UTC

We've passed on your feedback to the team and added your vote to the list too.

flawseeker | Last updated: Feb 19, 2021 04:43PM UTC

I'm adding my vote to this.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 22, 2021 09:42AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback, that's been added

Josh | Last updated: Apr 13, 2021 12:54AM UTC

This would be one of the most important feature additions to me. I wouldn't have to constantly switch to raw.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 13, 2021 07:35AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback, we've added your vote too.

mitiu | Last updated: Jul 07, 2021 08:26AM UTC

I think this is an important feature, too. Please add my vote.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 07, 2021 08:53AM UTC

Thanks, we've added your feedback too.

muhammed | Last updated: Jul 14, 2021 07:54AM UTC

Hi, may i know how's going on with this feature request? Because all i see are just "added feedback to the list", ... without updating anything. It's been through a lot of verions lately but can't this feature be released?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 14, 2021 10:50AM UTC

Hi, This particular feature request is still in our backlog and our developers have yet to begin work on it. As noted previously, if we have some further news to share about this particular feature request then we will update this thread.

Parth | Last updated: Sep 24, 2021 02:25PM UTC

Please add this feature.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 24, 2021 02:47PM UTC

Hi Parth, Thank you for your interest in this feature - we have recorded this in our development backlog. As noted, we will update this thread if we have any further news to share.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 02, 2021 04:58PM UTC

You can now toggle line wrapping in Pretty and Raw view. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.