Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Portswigger Forum

Haydelawal | Last updated: Apr 30, 2021 05:28PM UTC

Good day portswigger team, I asked a question earlier(i think two days ago) on the user forum. A member of your team replied me. But I can't reply to his message. It keeps saying unable to verify you via invisible recaptcha. Yes I have waited hours before trying again, I have forced refreshed the page but nothing seems to be working. Hopefully this message will send

Haydelawal | Last updated: Apr 30, 2021 05:32PM UTC

Wow it sent. Anyways this was my question and this was his reply ............... Good Day Portswigger. I'm running burp on a vmware. I want to increase the amount of ram used by burp. It always seem to use very little ram out of the available ram i have. Can I increase allocated ram on burp somehow? Thanks in advance <3 Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 28, 2021 05:43PM UTC Hi, Are you using the installed version of Burp or the standalone Jar file? ............ My reply to Ben: Yes I'm using a stand alone jar file. Any suggestions?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 03, 2021 09:10AM UTC

Hi

By default, Burp should be using 50% of your available RAM.

You can change this when using the following command-line argument when starting Burp: -Xmx4g (to limit Burp's heap size to 4GB for example)

Further information on command-line arguments can be found here

Haydelawal | Last updated: May 04, 2021 08:44AM UTC

Okay okay. Thank you. <3

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.