Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Persist column order of Proxy -> HTTP history tab in project or user settings

Nikita | Last updated: Jun 09, 2020 06:07PM UTC

Hi, In Proxy -> HTTP (WebSocket) history tab I can change the order of columns so the columns I want to see goes first (e.g. URL, request time, ...) and others goes after. However this order isn't preserved between Burp restarts so I have to change the order every time manually. Please persist column order in project or user settings :) P.S. Thanks for the great product!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 10, 2020 07:52AM UTC

Hi, This is something that a few of our customers have asked for so we do have a feature request in our development backlog for this functionality. I cannot provide an ETA of when this might be implemented but i will associate your ticket with this request so that our developers can prioritize their resources based upon demand. We will also update this forum post if we have any further news about this feature being implemented.

Chris | Last updated: Nov 17, 2021 03:38PM UTC

+1 for this feature

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 18, 2021 08:19AM UTC

Hi Chris, This feature request is still in our development backlog but I have recorded your interest to it as well.

Jackson | Last updated: Apr 21, 2022 03:32PM UTC

+1 for this feature here as well 2 years later... but *ALSO* for the "issue activity" section of the dashboard... really just want it for anything in Burp that has columns would be nice

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 22, 2022 08:39AM UTC

Thanks Jackson. This feature is, unfortunately, still in our backlog. Again, I will add your interest to the overarching existing feature request but also add the extra detail that you would like to see column orders persist within Burp generally.

Tamás | Last updated: Nov 15, 2022 10:13AM UTC

+1 for this feature, thank you in advance.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 15, 2022 01:49PM UTC

Hi Tamás, We will add your interest to this particular feature request. We will update this forum thread if we have any further news to share.

Kacper | Last updated: Feb 23, 2023 09:33AM UTC

+1 for this and columns widths. It cant be that difficult to implement and its requested for so many years already.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 23, 2023 11:34AM UTC

Thank you Kacper. Our current thinking on this would be to carry out work that encompasses table column consistency and persistence across the entire of Burp (so that all tables within Burp behave the same). We have added your interest to this.

Stephen | Last updated: Jul 24, 2023 03:49PM UTC

Yep this would be useful :)

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 25, 2023 07:01AM UTC

Thank you for your interest Stephen, which has been added.

Ads | Last updated: Jul 26, 2023 03:21AM UTC

Sorry to bug, but +1 on this :) Is there anyway to track this new feature request? It would make sense to persist this within Burp Suite Pro for Project Files? Moving the time column is my muscle memory each time I load Burp now haha

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 26, 2023 08:19AM UTC

Hi Ads, We can also add your interest to this. We only really make our official roadmap public (so once we have decided upon items that we will definitely work on these will be added here - https://portswigger.net/burp/pro/roadmap) and keep the internal machinations in our development system, which is not publicly available.

karvash | Last updated: Mar 12, 2024 02:36PM UTC

Sorry to bother, but +1 for this feature.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 13, 2024 07:47AM UTC

Hi Karvash, You should be able to change the order of columns in both the HTTP history and WebSockets history tabs and have this persist in the latest versions of Burp.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.