Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Pause Proxy/HTTP history scrolling

Robin | Last updated: Oct 19, 2015 02:28PM UTC

I'd like to be able to pause scrolling on the Proxy/HTTP history tab. I'm looking back through hits but the site does polls for data every 10 seconds so the list is constantly moving. I know I could filter out the polls but for now I need them in. Wireshark does this by scrolling if you are at the top but once you move away from the top the scrolling stops.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 19, 2015 02:53PM UTC

If you sort the Proxy history by the number column, then everything new should be added at the end of the list, and the visible rows shouldn't change when items are added. That appears to be the case in our testing (Java 7 on OS X).

Mike, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 19, 2016 09:38AM UTC

Hi Matthijs, have you tried Dafydd's previous suggestion of sorting the '#' column in ascending order? It appears to prevent the rows from jumping in version 2.1.04 as it adds new rows to the bottom of the list.

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 29, 2016 09:04AM UTC

This would still be useful as my default sort is with the newest entries at the top.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 08, 2019 02:37PM UTC

would it be possible to pause it somehow (i now use the intercept button but that pauses all)? because rows are jumping up and down (possibly due to filtering images), and when i click i miss 5 times before hitting the right row (i got several request in a few secs). and when doing this all day long it takes a lot of time.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.