Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

Password reset poisoning Lab issue

arun | Last updated: Jun 29, 2020 09:31PM UTC

Victim never makes call to forgot password through exploit url

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 30, 2020 07:20AM UTC

Which lab are you referring to?

Greg | Last updated: Oct 03, 2020 07:52PM UTC

I never get a reply either using this lab https://portswigger.net/web-security/host-header/exploiting/password-reset-poisoning/lab-host-header-basic-password-reset-poisoning

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 05, 2020 01:32PM UTC

Have you updated the username parameter in the request as well as updating the host header to be your-exploit-server-id.web-security-academy.net?

Hussain | Last updated: Oct 13, 2020 08:45PM UTC

Hi, I did everything step by step but in access log I don't find any request for GET /forgot-password with the temp-forgot-password-token parameter containing Carlos's password reset token". I tried like 15 times. Kindly help to complete this lab.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 14, 2020 03:41PM UTC

When we've checked this lab a GET /forgot-password request is appearing in the access log on the exploit server. Keep trying and check the details of the request you send in step 6 of the solution, the 'Host' header should match your exploit server's domain and you also need to change the username parameter lower down. Good luck!

Tharaka | Last updated: Oct 18, 2020 04:34PM UTC

Hi, I have the same issue. Access log not show the GET /forgot-password request.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 19, 2020 07:54AM UTC

Have you tried following a video solution? I have just tested the lab and can confirm it is working as expected.

Ashok | Last updated: Oct 20, 2020 11:43AM UTC

i do have the same problem, not showing a forget password get log!!!!

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 20, 2020 12:48PM UTC

Have you tried following a video solution like this one? https://youtu.be/kgaubKLduh4 I have just retried this lab and have not had any issues completing the lab. Please make sure that you are using your exploit server as the Host in your request (or as shown in the video example you could add the X-Forwarded-Host header).

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.