Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Option to ask to keep previous settings during upgrade

Robert | Last updated: Aug 06, 2020 04:15PM UTC

I'm using latest version of BurpSuitePro executable on windows 10 system on an external monitor with 125% scaling. In order for BurpSutePro to scale properly on my computer I have to modify the C:\Program Files\BurpSuitePro\BurpSuitePro.vmoptions file and add the "-Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0' to the file. Each time BurpSuitePro is upgraded this file is modified to default settings. It would be great if BurpSuitePro would prompt the user if they wanted to keep this file prior to upgrading, that way I don't have to restore the settings manually with each version upgrade.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 07, 2020 01:59PM UTC

Hi Thanks for the feedback. Is this something you'd still be interested in using if you didn't need to use it to resolve the issues you're experiencing when using 125% scaling?

Robert | Last updated: Aug 24, 2020 08:14PM UTC

The only way I found to fix the scaling issue for BurpSuitePro.exe and to make fonts look decent with latest java version is by adding the '-Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.0' to C:\Program Files\BurpSuitePro\BurpSuitePro.vmoptions file on a Windows 10 system with external monitor at 125% scaling. Similar complaint can be found here and the solution to this issue is to add the parameter as well https://forum.portswigger.net/thread/look-and-feel-changes-dramatically-between-java-8-and-java-13-d4ff3222 I would definitely be interested in using this solution and keeping it as a setting in place as this was the only way I was able to fix my issue after following multiple guides.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 25, 2020 08:34AM UTC

Hi Thanks for the update. We do currently have a bug raised with our developers to investigate and address the issues you are experiencing with scaling. Do you think you would find a feature to keep the settings useful even if this bug did not exist or would you find this option less useful once a fix for the scaling issue is released?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.