Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Numbers Intruder payload: Default the min/max fractional digits fields to 0

Jon | Last updated: Aug 15, 2016 06:48PM UTC

Out of all the times I've used the Numbers payload in the span of a year and a half, I think I've only used fractional numbers once or twice. Everyone else in the office here has had a similar experience. Please set defaults in this payload so that it generates integers. Needing to set this every time adds up to a tremendous waste of time.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 16, 2016 03:23PM UTC

You can leave any of the min/max digits fields blank, indicating that no min or max size should be enforced. For example, configuring a quick sequential number range from 1 to 10 step 1, and no other configuration, does what you would expect: it creates 10 payloads, all round integers.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 17, 2016 03:41PM UTC

Yeah... I definitely should have tried that before posting. Sorry. The "Examples" with that combination of parameters is pretty misleading, and that's what I was basing my request on. Perhaps that section could be tweaked to be a more accurate representation of what's actually going to happen.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.