Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

NTLM Authentication doesn't work

John | Last updated: Feb 20, 2020 04:05PM UTC

Hey all, I have been trying for days to get NTLM authentication to work with Burp. I've tried multiple browsers and find that Burp will not proxy NTLM requests at all. When authenticating manually through the browser I will always get login prompt followed by a 401. I can always login without Burp fine, and can also use Zap without a problem. I've also tried to use the platform authentication settings which do not seem to work either. Any advice on debugging this? Are there known issues with NTLM? Thanks,

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 21, 2020 11:43AM UTC

Hi To help us see what might be happening here would you be able to send us some screenshots of the configurations you've tried that have failed, please? It sounds like you're on the right lines so it would be good to be able to take a closer look. You can send them via email to support@portswigger.net.

Ruben | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 10:09AM UTC

Dear Was this issue ever resolved? We encounter the same issue.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 01:08PM UTC

Can you confirm what version of Burp you are using? What settings have you configured in Burp for your NTLM authentication? Do you see the same errors if you use a different browser? As with the previous response, if you'd prefer to discuss some of this information directly, feel free to email us (support@portswigger.net)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.