Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Not able to log into certain websites while proxying through Burp

JM | Last updated: May 25, 2018 09:01AM UTC

I've noticed on a number of engagements recently that I haven't been able to log in to certain sites (sensitive so unfortunately can't share). Generally if I click login nothing will happen. Browsing the rest of the site works, but I can't always capture the login process - just before and afterwards which isn't very helpful. Both with intercept on/off. If I don't use any proxy it logs in successfully. I haven't changed any of the default settings so not sure what it could be. Has this occurred for anyone else or am I missing something?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 25, 2018 09:47AM UTC

Hi JM, There are a few authentication types - mostly client certificates and NTLM that can't pass through Burp and need to be configured within Burp. Are these internal applications that use NTLM authentication? In that case, you will need to configure your NTLM details (which will be your Windows login credentials) in User options > Connections > Platform Authentication. You want NTLMv2; the destination host is the host in the URL of your application; the domain is the Windows domain. NTLM can be a little tricky to get configured, so be prepared to do some experimentation.

Burp User | Last updated: May 26, 2018 01:17AM UTC

Hi Paul, I can't remember for the previous ones, I didn't believe so for this one (I saw some of the common issues and the NTLM auth stuff). I'll try it anyway and do some more investigation, thank you.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 29, 2018 07:40AM UTC

Hi Rahul, Are you able to provide us with some more details of your problem?

Burp User | Last updated: Feb 06, 2020 04:33AM UTC

I can't able to log in the site. if I tried to log in its shows login failed. please check this problem and fix.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.