Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Not able to locate the file

RK | Last updated: Jan 17, 2021 09:37AM UTC

OS: Windows 10 Pro I downloaded Burp Suite Community Edition. When I run the exe file, everything went fine but I couldn't locate the file to open Burp Suite. I tried uninstalling and re-installed it but still couldn't open it or locate it on my PC. Any help?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 18, 2021 11:26AM UTC

Hi, If you have used the default installation path then Burp Community edition should have been installed under the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\BurpSuiteCommunity directory - where <user> is the user that you have used to carry out the installation.

RK | Last updated: Jan 18, 2021 04:45PM UTC

Thanks I found it but not able to open Burp's embedded Chromium browser. Showing error "BurpBrowser binaries were not found in the expected location"?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 18, 2021 07:01PM UTC

Hi, Is there a burpbrowser subdirectory within the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\BurpSuiteCommunity directory?

RK | Last updated: Jan 19, 2021 05:10PM UTC

Hi, Nope didn't find it in that location?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 19, 2021 06:36PM UTC

Hi, Do you have any anti-virus software installed on your machine that might potentially be having issues with the embedded browser files (there are executable files installed under the subdirectory mentioned earlier)? It sounds like the simplest approach would be to uninstall the version that you currently have and then perform a reinstall to see if the all of the files are installed under the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\BurpSuiteCommunity directory. To confirm, you should see a burpbrowser and jre subdirectory, some files (including the BurpSuiteCommunity.exe file) and a hidden .install4j subdirectory within the BurpSuiteCommunity directory.

RK | Last updated: Jan 23, 2021 09:20AM UTC

I tried uninstalling and reinstalled it still I don't see burpbrowser and jre subdirectory?

RK | Last updated: Jan 23, 2021 08:11PM UTC

I tried installing again and it worked but I am not able to intercept messages on Burpsuite if I enabled manual proxy. I installed Burp CA Certificate. Browser showing this error NET ERR CERT AUTHORITY INVALID. I want to make it work on Chrome?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 25, 2021 08:30AM UTC

Hi, Can you clarify with us the steps that you have used to install the Burp CA Certificate (can you confirm that you have installed it using all of the steps provided here - https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/getting-started/proxy-setup/certificate/internet-explorer)? It might be easier to send us an email at support@portswigger.net and include some screenshots of the error that you are seeing and the steps of how you have installed the Burp CA Certificate.

RK | Last updated: Jan 25, 2021 05:42PM UTC

I installed standard extension and is working now.

Blues | Last updated: Oct 26, 2023 10:06PM UTC

Good afternoon Please assist me lm really worried l tried to install my burpe suite but it doesn't appear on the desktop after downloading it will display finish but not there to open please help my email bluesshabangu334@gmail.com

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 27, 2023 07:39AM UTC

Hi, Are you able to email us at support@portswigger.net and include some screenshots of exactly what you are seeing here so that we can better understand your issue?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.