Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Not able to close Burpsuite Pro after upgrade to v2021.3.1

Sally | Last updated: Mar 26, 2021 08:40PM UTC

Hi, I'm using Burp Suite Professional v2021.3.1 on Kali-Linux, it looks like after the upgrade to v2031.3.1, every time when I click "x" or Burp -> Exit to close the application, it would ask me to confirm "This will close all Burp windows - are you sure you want to exist?", I chose "yes", but Burp Suite Pro would not exit/close. Can you tell me where or how I can check the issue? Thanks. Regards, SS

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 29, 2021 08:33AM UTC

Hi,

Which particular version of Kali Linux are you running?

To confirm, this behavior has only started to occur since you upgraded to 2021.3.1 and Burp was working fine previously in your Kali Linux environment?

Sally | Last updated: Mar 31, 2021 06:45PM UTC

Hi, Yes this behavior only started to occur since I upgraded to 2021.3.1, Burp was working fine before the upgrade. Following is the version of Kali Linux: Linux kali 5.10.0-kali5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.24-1kali1 (2021-03-23) x86_64 GNU/Linux Thanks, Sally

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 01, 2021 10:25AM UTC

Hi Sally,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Do you have performance feedback switched on (you can check this under User options -> Misc -> Performance Feedback within Burp)?

If so, are you able to replicate this issue and, if possible, also record a video of this behavior? If you could also obtain your diagnostic information (from the Help -> Diagnostics menu item) and send them both in an email to support@portswigger.net.

We should then be able to see exactly what is happening and also check whether your Burp installation is reporting any errors back to us.

Sally | Last updated: Apr 01, 2021 07:15PM UTC

Hi, I've emailed the information as requested, thanks. Sally

Sally | Last updated: Apr 06, 2021 01:26PM UTC

Hi, Want to give an update on this issue, it's due to low disk space in the main disk where Burpsuite was installed, once I cleared the space BurpSuite is back to normal, it's a coincidence that it happened right after I upgraded BurpSuite, thanks Portswigger support for the help, thanks. Sally

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.