Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

No more activations allowed for this license

Erik | Last updated: May 18, 2022 07:22AM UTC

I get this for when I try to move my Burp installation to a new computer at work. Can you please add some more for me. This message is really weird, as you're licensing terms seems to be "yeah, it's a per user license, and you can install it on more than one computer. That's until without a warning or without any solution we will cut you off. A more sane approach would be say: you can install this software on five computers. Which computer would you like to remove from the activations?

Erik | Last updated: May 18, 2022 07:24AM UTC

I often create a virtual machine for ONE job, then destroy it and all the data one it. I reinstall the latest Kali and Burp Suite Pro for the next job. So I burn through licenses fast this way. It's known problem with us pentesters, that we don't care to dispose of their work data post work completion. I try to be better than that.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 18, 2022 08:16AM UTC

Hi Erik, Unfortunately, the way that the licensing system works means that there is no way to 'deactivate' an installation, in order to return it to the available pool of activations, once you have activated it - it will always count against your activation total. You should now, however, be able to use your license to activate Burp again.

Erik | Last updated: May 18, 2022 08:37AM UTC

Thank you.

Andrea | Last updated: Feb 20, 2023 07:07AM UTC

Hello, in order to perform some internal activities within one of our clients, we deleted and disabled the license on one of our devices. The problem is that it now says there are no more licenses that can be activated. Can you kindly resolve this? Thank you in anticipation.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 20, 2023 08:53AM UTC

HI Andrea, You should now be able to activate Burp again using your license key.

Maks | Last updated: Apr 18, 2023 06:08AM UTC

Yes...I'm an intern at a big company and prior to knowing how it works I have reinstalled Burp 4 times...my boss is probably going to kill me. Portswigger, please, can you save me? Pretty please

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 18, 2023 06:38AM UTC

Hi Maks, You too should now be able to activate Burp again. Hopefully this saves you from your boss's wrath....

Qasim | Last updated: Aug 23, 2023 06:38AM UTC

Hi, Support manager. I have to activate my burp pro, but I can't. I did it may by 6 or 7 times because of different virtuals and systems, for example arch was crashed or it was necessary for work, 1 project = 1 virtual. Can I reset All my activations?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 23, 2023 09:05AM UTC

Hi Qasim Can you please email support@portswigger.net with the first 10 characters of your license key so we can help you get this sorted?

Bryan | Last updated: Nov 13, 2023 05:26PM UTC

Hello, I'm also unable to activate Burp on a new VM that I'm trying to use for a pentest. Can you please assist?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 14, 2023 08:24AM UTC

Hi Bryan This should be sorted for you now. You should be able to activate Burp again.  Please let us know if you encounter any issues doing so. 

Yipman | Last updated: Mar 18, 2024 01:32AM UTC

Hi, I get the same message when I try to use the license. Please help me solve this problem?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 18, 2024 08:18AM UTC

Hi Yipman This should be sorted for you now. You should be able to activate Burp again without any errors.

radovan | Last updated: Apr 10, 2024 09:20AM UTC

Hi, I am facing the same issue as all the people above, way too many 1-use installations. Could you allow more activations for my license? Best Radovan

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 10, 2024 10:01AM UTC

Hi Radovan Additional activations have been provided to you. You should be able to activate Burp again. 

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.