Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

No more activations allowed

현준구 | Last updated: Aug 08, 2022 03:46PM UTC

'No more activations allowed' I need to install Burp pro on VDI(Manual activation due to company policy) to work remotely. Can I get support? Last time I asked the same and got the answer "We've added an additional activation to your license." but my Local PC license was reset. I re-entered my license key to Local PC and Again 'No more activations allowd' on VDI. Please support???? Is it because of manual activation?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 08, 2022 04:56PM UTC

Hi, To give you an overview of how the licensing works for Burp Professional please read the below. Each installation of Burp Professional needs to be activated in order to use the software. Each Burp Professional license comes with a few activations in order to allow our users to install and use Burp on more than one machine, by default. These activations are, however, finite and will run out if you are frequently trying to activate Burp. What would have happened last time is that you were given an additional activation which you then used up on your local PC. Just to clarify the scenario further, when using your VDI does the desktop that you access reset each time you access it or is there any persistence in terms of the applications installed and the file system?

현준구 | Last updated: Aug 08, 2022 11:44PM UTC

1. Reset each time - Nope. 2. File system persistence - Yes. Thanks for your reply.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 09, 2022 06:45AM UTC

Hi, Thank you for the confirmation. You should now be able to activate Burp on your VDI.

Luciano | Last updated: Jan 26, 2023 01:35AM UTC

I have a same problem. I changed the operating system and when activating the same message remains, how can I reactivate again?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 26, 2023 07:44AM UTC

Hi Luciano, You should now be able to activate Burp again using your license key.

Anurag | Last updated: Mar 22, 2023 06:13AM UTC

No more activations allowed For my burp license of Vartopia company account.Please help

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 22, 2023 08:03AM UTC

Hi Anurag, Are you able to send an email to support@portswigger.net and include the first six characters from the license key that you are using so that we can take a look at this for you?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.