Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

No localhost Requests

0x5500 | Last updated: Jan 05, 2022 07:41PM UTC

Hello, I've been trying to make the switch to Burp Suite but I'm having an issue of not seeing localhost requests whether it be HTTP history or Logger from a program. I'm able to get requests from any other host though from the program which leaves me clueless. I'm trying to switch from Fiddler Classic because it has a lot less features but I don't have the same issue with it because I'm able to get localhost requests with it. I've tried adding a different hostname as well as regenerating the CA certificate to no avail so far. Have spent quite some time looking for answers so any help would be appreciated.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 06, 2022 09:56AM UTC

Hi, Just to clarify, when you refer to 'program' do you mean you are having issues proxying localhost traffic from your browser or from another source? If you are having issues with proxying localhost traffic from your browser are you able to confirm which browser you are using?

0x5500 | Last updated: Jan 06, 2022 01:51PM UTC

Not any browser, to clarify I don't have any problems with the integrated browser or if I setup a proxy on something like Firefox. The proxy is setup on a system level and it's just an application that utilizes Chromium's Embedded Framework and I have an issue getting the localhost front-end requests sent/received. Hopefully that clarifies a little bit, I don't mind recording videos or sending logs to clarify more if need be.

AssistantX | Last updated: Jan 07, 2022 02:03AM UTC

If you are on Windows (other systems may also have a similar option), make sure you don't have the `Bypass proxy server for local addresses` checkbox selected in Internet Properties > Connections tab > click LAN settings button > under Proxy Server section.

0x5500 | Last updated: Jan 07, 2022 02:36AM UTC

Yeah I don't have that on, which leaves me clueless because it works on Fiddler.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 07, 2022 02:29PM UTC

Hi, Are you running on Windows? If so, does adding '<-loopback>' (without the single quotes) to the 'Use the proxy server except for addresses that start with the following entries' text box within the system proxy settings improve things for you? If not, are you able to send us an email to support@portswigger.net and include some details of what you have already got set up so that we can see this more clearly?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.