Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

No license or email after purchase for 8 hours now...

Daniel | Last updated: Apr 14, 2019 02:53PM UTC

Why does it take so long to receive an email with a license key? I purchased this over 8 hours ago and have received absolutely nothing in regards to a receipt, confirmation, license or anything. I do have a charge that successfully went through on my credit card though? Please assist, I would have purchased from somewhere else if I didn't think it would be received in a reasonable time....

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 14, 2019 07:33PM UTC

12 hours now...

Danielle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 15, 2019 08:23AM UTC

Hi, please can you email office@portswigger.net so we can help you with your order.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 30, 2019 06:51AM UTC

Hi, This is the same here !!! What is going up ??? Why no e-mail from your side after to have accepted the money ? Why we did not received what we buy immediately ?

Heidi, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 30, 2019 08:28AM UTC

Hi, please can you email office@portswigger.net so we can help you with your order.

Burp User | Last updated: May 12, 2019 12:41PM UTC

I see that I'm not the only one that got that issue. I already sent an email with the order information. We expect to get the license fast.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 13, 2019 07:56AM UTC

Jeff, I've forwarded your request to our licensing team (office@portswigger.net) who can deal with your issue.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 10, 2019 12:47PM UTC

Same here. It's been like more than 18 hours since I successfully purchased the Pro license. It's a shame. I literally have been waiting all the working day to get the product which I paid money for one day ago

Rose, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 10, 2019 01:53PM UTC

Danish, please can you email office@portswigger.net so we can help you with your order.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 05, 2019 04:46AM UTC

Hi, i have purchased my pro license, but haven't received any email or confirmation or license key, please help on this.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 13, 2019 04:00AM UTC

i bought a license a couple of hours ago atleast 5 have not recieved anything on my email i already sent an email to office@portswigger.net with billing information and still no email regarding my purchase

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 13, 2019 10:56AM UTC

Anthony, have you had a response from our office team?

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 17, 2019 04:15PM UTC

For me it's been +24hours and I've contacted the office team a couple hours ago as well, so far nothing.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 18, 2019 06:15AM UTC

It has been over 24 hours for me and I sent office@portswigger.net an email. I imagine it will be fixed soon but I am waiting.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 19, 2019 10:28AM UTC

I've checked with our office team and the above licensing requests have been completed. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 23, 2019 11:54PM UTC

same here. sent and email but no response. This shouldn't be this complicated guys.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 28, 2019 07:14AM UTC

I've checked with our office team and your license request has been completed. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 30, 2019 02:05PM UTC

I also purchased a few days ago and didn't receive my license

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 30, 2019 02:06PM UTC

and I sent an email and didn't receive a response

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 30, 2019 02:10PM UTC

maybe the problem was that when i purchased I couln't access the emaill account in my paypal and I changed shortly after that the email address in my paypal account but I want my license. I paid you 399 Usd for it

Mike, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 30, 2019 02:12PM UTC

For licencing queries, please email our licencing team (office@portswigger.net) who can deal with your issue.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 30, 2019 02:12PM UTC

transaction ID 2TN44649AY517882D

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 01, 2019 04:29PM UTC

Its been more than 24 hours and did not receive my license yet.

Burp User | Last updated: Sep 01, 2019 10:36PM UTC

its 30 hours now and still no emails or license for what i paid 399$

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 13, 2019 06:05PM UTC

It's been about 36 hours now I have not received anything after I paid and I emailed office@portswigger.net 24 hours after purchase and still no response. I paid $399 for this program with no responses?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 14, 2019 07:01AM UTC

In some cases, purchases are manually verified. The office team will process your order today. Additionally, you can contact them via offie@portswigger.net.

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 07, 2019 12:46AM UTC

Same here! I Wish I read these messages before buying... no email, nothing! 2 days now

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 07, 2019 08:38AM UTC

Stephane, could you email our office team at office@portswigger.net and let them know the email address linked with the order and they will be able to help you

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 09, 2019 04:39PM UTC

Same issue here. saw this thread and e-mail office@portswigger.net. 24 hours, no response, no license. This is 400 bucks guys, not chump change. Terrible. Whats the reason? you could cancel a license at any time on your end if needed....why TF is there a delay. I used paypal, that ish should be instant. Disappointed is an understatement.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 11, 2019 08:28AM UTC

At the moment, we sometimes need to manually verify purchases, so please accept our apologies for the delay. We do plan to improve this process to reduce delays going forward. You should have a reply from office@portswigger.net today.

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 25, 2019 07:04PM UTC

Same issue here.... Please resolve. Account is showing zero orders and zero product keys, meanwhile I'm down 400$.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 26, 2019 08:53AM UTC

Hi The order should be processed today if you don't hear anything, please email office@portswigger.net with the details used for the purchase and they can check on your order

Burp User | Last updated: Nov 29, 2019 01:19AM UTC

Same thing happened to me today. Gone all day with no email confirmation about my purchase only the transaction on my card. Also, no product key appears on my account. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 29, 2019 08:44AM UTC

Hi Jose, As mentioned, if you have not heard anything today then please send an email to office@portswigger.net with the details used for the purchase. They will then be able to check on your order status.

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 07, 2019 10:29AM UTC

i did't have my license after i pay for it why is that ? and how long it take to get it on my email? please someone answer me!!

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 09, 2019 09:09AM UTC

Hi Abdulla Your order may have been flagged for manual review. Unfortunately, we experience a certain level of fraud and it is not always possible to validate all orders easily. Please send an email to office@portswigger.net with the details used for purchase. They will be able to check on your order status if you have not already received your license.

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 09, 2019 10:08AM UTC

I made a purchase for burp suite pro before more than 48 hours but didn't got any confirmation email nor key, nothing, was reading these comments here and I sent emails to support and office addresses and got no reply from them or whatever. What is happening, when can I expect my key or any reply on my emails? Is anyone reading these emails?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 09, 2019 10:27AM UTC

Hi Sasha, Our support is available weekdays from 9am-5pm (UK time). If your purchase has been flagged for manual review then the licensing team will be dealing with it during those hours. If you have not heard back from them by the end of today then please feel free to get back in touch.

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 09, 2019 04:50PM UTC

Hi Ben, another day passed (3rd) and I still didn't get any reply from anyone who I contacted. I'm really start worry about it. What is the point of taking money upfront without saying anything? Manual review could be done even allowing me to pay. Now after I paid, nobody is in rush to reply or say what is happening and what I can expect and when. I'm really disappointed :( It is sad that this is the only way to get any answer.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 10, 2019 08:09AM UTC

Hi, It looks like you are now in discussion with the office team regarding your purchase of Burp Suite Professional. Please let us know if you require any assistance with anything else.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 10, 2019 11:52AM UTC

We manually review orders from personal emails. We are in the process of refining this process. The operations team will contact you if there are any issues with your order. We apologize for any increase in order times over the winter holiday period.

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 22, 2019 05:25PM UTC

Its been 5 days! 3 emails! No response. No even an automated receipt! $399 and zero responses! What gives?

Burp User | Last updated: Dec 22, 2019 10:29PM UTC

Hi, I see there are a lot of issues on this discussion. I am in the same situation. Just wonder why Portswigger team is working like this? You got payment, and review everything manually. I have never seen such kind of thing. Dont you think it is annoying?

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 08, 2020 08:27AM UTC

It has been 36 hours since I paid for a pro license. I have written 2 emails, no response yet, No sign of the license either. This is very disappointing.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 08, 2020 08:28AM UTC

Hi Tushar, The licensing team should now have been in touch with you via email.

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 09, 2020 01:40PM UTC

The licensing team said that I was flagged for a manual checkup. I got an email asking for my work email. I responded 21 hours ago, still no license. This is a bit ridiculous at this point, you do realize that you got paid for a license at least 3 days ago?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 09, 2020 03:08PM UTC

Hi Tushar, Apologies for the delay. The operations team are working through the backlog created over the holiday period. I can see your emails in their workflow so I will ask them to prioritize getting back to you today.

Burp User | Last updated: Feb 03, 2020 04:33PM UTC

It’s been almost 72 hours since I purchased my pro license. I haven’t received any confirmation or the license. When should I expect it? I’ve also sent an email and I haven’t gotten a response.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 03, 2020 04:45PM UTC

Hi Sam The licensing team should pick up your email tomorrow. Your order may have been flagged for a manual review. Unfortunately, we experience a certain level of fraud and it is not always possible to validate all orders easily.

Burp User | Last updated: Feb 04, 2020 06:09PM UTC

Another day is going by and I still don’t have a single email. Maybe an idea is to send the customer an email on purchase informing them that they have been flagged for review and confirming you guys received payment. Maybe even as a little bonus you guys could give the customer a time frame when the manual review will be done in the confirmation email? This seems to be a common issue judging by the amount of dissatisfied customers on this forum.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 05, 2020 08:15AM UTC

Hi Sam, Apologies for the delay in replying to your message. One of our operations team contacted you on the 4th February via your email request to let you know what the next steps are. Can you check whether you received this email?

Burp User | Last updated: Feb 07, 2020 09:44PM UTC

Not receiving the lincese key here neither... some hours have passed after i purchased and already contacted office@portswigger.net Can someone reach to me and give me the license key?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 10, 2020 09:30AM UTC

Hi, We have received your email and will be in touch with you today.

Pablo | Last updated: Mar 10, 2020 07:57PM UTC

Waiting also...seems like this is a common occurrence.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 11, 2020 08:39AM UTC

Hi Some orders are flagged for manual review which is what has happened in this case. I've just checked your account and can see the review has been completed so you should be able to download your license now. If you have any problems though, please let us know.

Peter | Last updated: Apr 10, 2020 01:43PM UTC

Hi guys, Not receiving the license key here either... purchased yesterday and already contacted office@portswigger.net Can someone reach to me and give me the license key? Would love to be up and running before the weekend.

Peter | Last updated: Apr 10, 2020 02:32PM UTC

All set. Thank you! That was fast. Have a happy Easter weekend!

John | Last updated: Apr 13, 2020 07:07PM UTC

I'm having the same problem. PortSwigger, your license purchasing process clearly needs to be improved. Just read all the comments from frustrated customers! The email I received says something went wrong with my order. It states "this usually happens if you have used a non-business email account to make payment". Why not make that clear to the user BEFORE they purchase a license. It would have saved everyone a lot of time.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 14, 2020 09:03AM UTC

Please accept our apologies for the delay. I've checked your account, your order has been fulfilled and you have been sent a separate email with instructions for downloading your software and license key. Also, thanks for your feedback, we are looking to make improvements to these processes so I've passed on your comments.

Eric | Last updated: Apr 18, 2020 02:28PM UTC

I'm having the same issue. I emailed support, but if what I saw in a previous response is true, I have to wait until Monday to get a manual review even though you have no problem taking my money on a Saturday?

Scott | Last updated: Apr 19, 2020 05:54AM UTC

Also having this issue from a gmail account. I sent an email. Hoping to get this resolved quickly as the money is already out of my account. Also there's nothing in the buying process that says a non-business email will cause this trouble. Thanks

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 20, 2020 08:07AM UTC

Please accept our apologies for the delay. I've checked your accounts, your orders have been fulfilled and you have been sent a separate emails with instructions for downloading your software and license key.

Scott | Last updated: Apr 21, 2020 02:48AM UTC

Thank you, I was able to download my license now.

Michael | Last updated: Apr 26, 2020 02:11PM UTC

Same issue for me as well. Just purchased and received "this usually happens if you have used a non-business email account to make payment".

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 27, 2020 08:10AM UTC

Please accept our apologies for the delay. I've checked your account this morning, the order has been reviewed and you can download your license now

Michael | Last updated: Apr 27, 2020 12:08PM UTC

No worries. Everything looks good on my end. Thanks, Mike

Jean | Last updated: Jun 24, 2020 03:59AM UTC

I Was actually hoping to conduct some testing tonight but have fallen victim to this issue as well. Same issue as Michelle.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 24, 2020 08:32AM UTC

Please accept our apologies for the delay. I've checked your account this morning, the order has been reviewed and you can download your license now.

Diego | Last updated: Jul 07, 2020 12:12AM UTC

Why does it take so long to receive my license key? I purchased this on friday.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 07, 2020 07:47AM UTC

Hi Can you please email office@portswigger.net and let them know which email address you used when you made the purchase and they will look into it for you.

Diego | Last updated: Jul 07, 2020 11:18AM UTC

I sent an email yesterday to that address, but still have no answer.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 07, 2020 01:23PM UTC

Hi I've checked on the status of this with our licensing team, it should all be sorted out now and you should have an email from them.

xsll | Last updated: Aug 20, 2020 11:17AM UTC

Almost 24 hours have passed and the license key has not been received. I sent an email a few hours ago, but there is no response

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 20, 2020 11:39AM UTC

You should have an email by now from our Licensing team with an update, apologies for the delay it seems like your license was flagged for a manual fraud review.

Joshua | Last updated: Sep 25, 2020 11:23AM UTC

Ordered almost 12 hours ago, apparently there was an issue due to not using a business email despite successful payment. After reading the rest of this thread, it looks like this has been an issue for quite some time now. Please improve this process, it's really not good enough.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 25, 2020 12:58PM UTC

Apologies for the delay. It seems your order was flagged for manual review. I have spoken to our licensing team and they have confirmed that your order has now been approved and your license should be available for download in your account.

praveen | Last updated: Nov 21, 2020 02:23PM UTC

Hi, I am also facing the same problem. It has been 18 hours from the time of purchase.I have emailed to office@portswigger.net and hello@portswigger.net and got no replies.

praveen | Last updated: Nov 23, 2020 09:17AM UTC

Hi, It has been 3 days since i placed my order with successful payment. I'm not getting any replies via email or here, regarding my license.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 23, 2020 10:01AM UTC

Apologies for the delay. It seems your order was flagged for manual review. I have spoken to our licensing team and they have confirmed that your order has now been approved and your license should be available for download in your account.

Roman | Last updated: Feb 05, 2021 10:58AM UTC

Hello. About 24h+ have passed since the successful payment. Letters to the "office" and "hello" also were sent yesterday - no any answer yet. Please help with this issue. Thank you.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 05, 2021 02:39PM UTC

Hi Thanks for getting in touch, it looks like your emails to hello@portswigger.net and office@portswigger.net did not reach us for some reason. I've passed your message on to our licensing team so they can check your order.

Roman | Last updated: Feb 05, 2021 03:03PM UTC

Hello Michelle, everything is OK now. Thank you very much!

Chris | Last updated: Feb 12, 2021 10:59PM UTC

I purchased my license Tuesday and got the "Oops" message that said you'd approve the request or get back with me ASAP. Same issue as above I ordered with my gmail account. I have been charged.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 15, 2021 08:46AM UTC

Hi Can you email hello@portswigger.net with the order details so we can take a closer look for you, please?

Chris | Last updated: Feb 15, 2021 02:12PM UTC

Thank you Michelle, I emailed them just now.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 15, 2021 03:51PM UTC

Thanks, you should have received an email from the team.

mtravis | Last updated: May 19, 2021 03:29PM UTC

Hello I am experiencing the above issue its been nearly a day and a half, Did i fail to add extra information? everything has been paid for I double checked my card statement Message: "Ooops Sorry! There was a problem with your order."

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 19, 2021 03:32PM UTC

I'm sorry to hear that, can you send an email to helllo@portswigger.net to confirm the email address you used for the order so we can check it out properly for you, please?

mtravis | Last updated: May 19, 2021 04:16PM UTC

sent thank you for quick response, also heads up for future readers there is a typo in the email above there is an extra 'l' should be: hello@portswigger.net

mtravis | Last updated: May 19, 2021 04:16PM UTC

sent thank you for quick response, also heads up for future readers there is a typo in the email above there is an extra 'l' should be: hello@portswigger.net

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 20, 2021 07:26AM UTC

I'm so sorry about the typo! Yes, the address is hello@portswigger.net for anyone else who needs it in the future. We got your email and have checked things out, you have a reply from the team and should be able to download your license now. If there are any issues, please let us know.

Nooko | Last updated: Oct 13, 2022 10:06PM UTC

Hello I am also experiencing the above issue it has been a day. What information do you need? More importantly what made you flag this purchase? If this is a mistake then I would like it resolved. However if this is your process, why not inform people upfront?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 14, 2022 07:37AM UTC

Thanks for your message. I can see you've also emailed hello@portswigger.net. The team will be in touch soon once they have checked the details for your order.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.