The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

New or more locked down integrated browser

Paul | Last updated: Jun 28, 2024 07:33PM UTC

I know I can use any browser I want, but I like the DOM extension so I try to use the included Chromium. However, Google features keep getting added to it and it makes it harder to keep client data private. The latest "feature" is the "Search with Google Lens" button that appears in the URL. If you accidentally click on it, it tells you it will send a screenshot to Google. It would be great if Burp's chromium was more customized to strip out extras like that. Or if a team can't be dedicated to the browser, maybe partner with a company like Brave or anyone else. Another option could be to make it so the extensions can be installed in other browsers. Thanks.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 01, 2024 09:25AM UTC

Hi Unfortunately, we have to patch Chrome in order to enable DOM Invader to work, which means we're not able to make this work with other browsers. We can raise a feature request to disable Lens. Were there any other Chrome-specific features that you would like to be disabled?

Paul | Last updated: Jul 01, 2024 08:07PM UTC

That is the only feature at this time. In the future, I will post requests as I learn of them. Thank you.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 02, 2024 04:16PM UTC

Thank you for the feature request! We've raised this feature request and added your +1 to it. We will need to further prioritize this work, so we will not be able to provide an ETA for when we can implement this change, but any additional plus one's will be added to this ongoing feature request. If there's anything else we can help with, then please let us know.

Will | Last updated: Jul 02, 2024 04:47PM UTC

I'd like to add my +1 to it. I found this post after wasting a fair amount of time researching how to turn this "feature" off myself, but came up empty.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 03, 2024 01:42PM UTC

Thanks for the feedback. We've added your +1 to this as well.

asd | Last updated: Jul 05, 2024 06:42AM UTC

+++++ please disable google lens, thanks. It's really annoying when editing urls.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 05, 2024 09:03AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback. We've also added your +1 to this feature request.

Paul | Last updated: Sep 18, 2024 08:53PM UTC

I'm not 100% certain, but I thought the Google Lens got disabled. However, I see it is enabled on 20204.7.6. Is this something that was disabled or am I remembering wrong and this is still on the todo list? Thank you.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 25, 2024 04:23PM UTC

Hi We found that later versions of Chromium didn't seem to have the Google Lens URL bar option. Have you found that this has recurred in the same spot? Can you email us at support@portswigger.net with some more details?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.