Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Mystery Lab Challenge - Possible Enhancements

Christopher | Last updated: Jul 02, 2023 09:42PM UTC

Hi PortSwigger Team! First I want to say thanks for all the material you have created for us to learn Web Security and for creating the new labs on GraphQL API testing. I want to share some feature requests I had in mind here below that relate to Mystery lab challenges: 1. Level challenges selection enhancement - If there can be an option to select as many levels as we want. For example: Being able to select both Apprentice and Practitioner level labs at the same time to help prep for exam. 2. Category challenges selection enhancement - If there can be an option to select as many categories as we want.

Christopher | Last updated: Jul 02, 2023 09:46PM UTC

*Accidentally submitted without including all information. For the last enhancement - 2. Category challenges selection enhancement The example I want to give is: "Being able to select as many categories for the mystery lab is helpful, because, for example, with so many categories to know for the exam I am breaking up the studying in "chunks" and once I complete a "chunk" I would like to be able to do mystery lab challenge for a certain selection of categories. As opposed to having to only pick 1 at a time." Thank you!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 03, 2023 09:52AM UTC

Hi Christopher, Thank you for this! We do actually have an existing request for allowing users to select more than one Academy topic when generating mystery labs so I will add your interest to this existing request. I think having another entry in the difficulty 'level' drop down that would generate a mystery lab from either the Apprentice or Practitioner level labs (in order to better prepare users for taking the exam by generating a lab from either difficulty) is a good idea. I have created a new request in our development system to record this. This forum post is linked to both requests so we will update this thread if we have any further news to share about either of them.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.