Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

"MS Gothic" font is missing

Yuki | Last updated: Dec 21, 2023 07:24AM UTC

Hi team, I'm afraid I couldn't find "MS Gothic" font in the latest version, Community Edition v2023.11.1.3. Environment - Kali Linux: 2023.4 - Installer: burpsuite_community_linux_v2023_11_1_3.sh (Maybe, my installation was wrong?) Thanks in advance, Yuki

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 21, 2023 01:03PM UTC

Hi Thanks for getting in touch. Were you able to see this font using earlier versions of Burp on this same machine? Is the font available in other applications on the same machine?

Yuki | Last updated: Dec 22, 2023 11:06AM UTC

Hi Thank you for your reply. > Were you able to see this font using earlier versions of Burp on this same machine? I'm afraid I can't remember the version. > Is the font available in other applications on the same machine? I can't see the font on the other applications. In this case, "MS Gothic" is missing on my machine? Cheers, Yuki

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 22, 2023 11:09AM UTC

Hi Yes, it sounds like the font may not be installed on your machine. Can you please check which fonts your system can see? Burp will allow you to use any monospaced fonts that are installed on your machine.

Yuki | Last updated: Dec 24, 2023 06:19AM UTC

Hi Thank you so much for your support. But, I found a workaround here. To set "IPAGothic" font. The install command is following: $ sudo apt-get -y install fonts-ipafont (Verified on Kali Linux 2023.4) When I used "Courier" font, all Japanese language are garbled. However, "IPAGothic" has no Japanese garbled characters. That's very nice, isn't it? Anyway, I appreciated for your help. Kind regards, Yuki

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 27, 2023 09:58AM UTC

Thanks for the update :)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.