Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Move burpsuite to new server

MSD | Last updated: Jun 05, 2020 09:45AM UTC

Hi, I installed burpsuite and added some scans but now I need to move the setup to new server without loosing the configuration. How can I do that? I would need the scan urls and the db moved to new server. Thanks

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 05, 2020 10:09AM UTC

It would be good to understand a little bit more about your setup if possible. Can you confirm the version of Enterprise Server and OS you are using, please? Are you using an external database? Is the database installed on the same machine as the Enterprise Server or a separate one? When you move the setup will you be using the same type of database as you are now?

MSD | Last updated: Jun 05, 2020 10:18AM UTC

Windows Server 2019 BurpSuite Enterprise Embedded database. Everything on same machine. Would like to move to a new machine with same configuration. On new machine it would be embedded db as well. All I need is to have my current configuration exported and imported on new server. I have setup some scans and sites which I need to be able to view on new server as well. I see a DB backup option in embedded one but no restore option in case I need to do it on new server setup. Hope this clarifies your query. Thanks!

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 05, 2020 02:24PM UTC

Thanks for sending the information over. Can I double-check the version number of your current setup, please (e.g. 2020.2, 2020.4, 2020.4.3)?

MSD | Last updated: Jun 07, 2020 05:28AM UTC

Version: 2020.4.3-4859, Java version: 9.0.4

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 08, 2020 09:32AM UTC

Thanks. We'll follow up on your other forum post.

Lobo, | Last updated: Mar 17, 2023 03:04PM UTC

Liam, Can you please point me to the "othe forum post". I am in the same situation needing to migrate data and configurations to a new server Thanks Jack

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 20, 2023 07:20AM UTC

Hi Jack. Let us know if you find this helpful - https://forum.portswigger.net/thread/database-transfer-error-4ead4794ca59

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.