Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

More hotkeys

Nicolas | Last updated: Jul 22, 2017 10:27AM UTC

Hello! I use hotkeys a lot, but some trainees use them even more, either by choice (nerds) or not (disabled people). Everybody love Control + "=" (on by default, navigate between Intruder tabs) and Control + "G" (off by default, issue Repeater request), but I hear these requests quite often: - navigate between high-level tabs (Target, Proxy, Spider, Scanner, Intruder, ...) with a single hotkey. Similar to Control + Shift + "I" / "T" / "P" but inside a circular buffer like Control + "=". Most users would associate Control + Alt to the feature. Note: Control + Alt already has some effect (navigate between page fields, which is imo unusable) , even if not defined in "User Options > Misc > Hotkeys" - open the contextual menu from the keyboard, using the dedicated key (cf https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_key) - use "Alt" to access the Burp Suite menu bar (where ClickBandit & co are launched). Note: on my setup, F10 does exactly that, even if not defined in "User Options > Misc > Hotkeys" (thanks to Swing).

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 24, 2017 07:58AM UTC

Thanks for your message. We've added your request to our development backlog.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 24, 2017 02:06PM UTC

We have this logged in our development backlog and we'll inform you when the work is complete. Unfortunately, we can't provide an ETA.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 14, 2018 05:59AM UTC

I do have used hotkeys more, while burp do not provide more options to customize them. Is there any extensible ways to add more hotkeys? Set hotkey only start with ctrl was another confused thing when I tried to customize mine. I wish you guys would do more things to add more hotkeys options or provide another extensible way such as write an plugin to expand the hotkeys which could be customize ourself. Thanks

Burp User | Last updated: Feb 16, 2019 09:05AM UTC

Could add shortcut to close tabs. It was convenient for us to manipulate multiple repeater tabs.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 18, 2019 10:07AM UTC

Thanks JK, sounds like a good idea too. We're probably not going to work on hot keys in the near term, but when we do look at them we'll bear your request in mind.

Burp User | Last updated: Mar 22, 2019 01:30PM UTC

While we're talking about hotkeys - is there a way to set shortcuts that use modifier keys other than control? I'd love to use (for instance) Alt+I to switch to Intruder, but it doesn't look like that is possible at the moment? As someone who loves using the mouse as little as possible, burp is the one major tool I still have trouble with doing so. Really such a shame.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 22, 2019 03:42PM UTC

Thanks for the suggestions Hugh. We don't have any short-term plans to work on this area, but when we do in future we'll bear your feedback in mind.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.