Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

More Granularity For "Filter by status code" Setting

Ben | Last updated: Aug 29, 2021 03:16PM UTC

Within HTTP history, you can currently filter by 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, and 5xx. This feature isn't useful because I typically want to see 200, 301/302, 4xx, and 5xx responses - but I don't want to see 201 No Content, 304 Not Modified, and 404. If it was possible to exclude/include specific response codes, this feature would be much more usable. I realize this is partially possible today by using regex and negative search in the "filter by search term" setting, but it's a bit of a complex solution and difficult to set up. I'd much rather see a simple checkbox or comma separated list for status code filtering options.

Peter | Last updated: Aug 29, 2021 03:19PM UTC

Please please add this :)

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 31, 2021 09:03AM UTC

Hi both, We actually have an existing feature request to provide more granular control over the status code filters. I will add your interest to this existing request so that our developers can prioritise their resources based upon demand. We will also update this thread if we have any further news to share about this feature.

Ben | Last updated: Jun 18, 2022 10:07PM UTC

Bumping this thread. Are there any updates on this feature request? thanks!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 20, 2022 12:27PM UTC

Hi Ben, Improving the filter functionality for more fine-grained control is still something that is in our development backlog, I am afraid. Again, we will add your interest to this feature request and will update this thread if we have any further news to share.

Ben | Last updated: Nov 28, 2023 03:56PM UTC

Just wanted to add: this is now possible using the Bambdas feature! Adding the following line will filter out all proxy history items that return a 304 response code. !(requestResponse.hasResponse() && requestResponse.response().statusCode() == 304)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.