Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Montoya API enums

floyd | Last updated: Aug 22, 2023 12:16PM UTC

Hi, I was wondering if you could change the Montoya API enum classes. The biggest problem is that Java does not support inheritance for Enums. Therefore, the entire API relies on something that is final and can't be extended. In the example of ToolType (a String enum) it kind of works because I can just use a String and then use my own Strings. I was missing a ToolType of "Context Menu" or "User interaction" (meaning the request was sent to the extension by the user via context menu). However, while there is AuditInsertionPointType.EXTENSION_PROVIDED there is nothing like that for HttpParameterType. I can't add a new HttpParameterType (e.g. a parameter type saying "non standard HTTP header" or parameter of type "Basic Authentication username"). How do I add a custom HttpParameterType?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 23, 2023 09:37AM UTC

Hi We don't have any plans to change the enum classes. Are you interested in more ToolTypes or other types of enum? We can raise a feature request to add some additional types if you would like? AuditInsertionPoints are used internally in Burp by the Scanner, so extending this would be more complex. If you provide us with some more information on your use case, we can raise a relevant feature request.

floyd | Last updated: Aug 23, 2023 03:00PM UTC

Yes, I would like to get a ToolType of "Context Menu" or "User interaction" (meaning the request was sent to the extension by the user via context menu) HttpParameterType.EXTENSION_PROVIDED would be helpful.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 24, 2023 01:03PM UTC

Thanks for that information! Could you provide us with more context around how you want to use this functionality so we can ensure we raise a feature request that matches the functionality you're looking for? If you'd prefer, you can drop us an email at support@portswigger.net

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.