Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Menus and context menus all appear way off to the left of the screen

Brian | Last updated: Jan 02, 2024 01:44PM UTC

In Burp Pro, any time I click on a menu (View, Help etc.) or right-click to get a context menu (like right-click on a request to send to repeater for instance), the menus always appear offset way off to the left of screen. This only occurs on my 1440p external monitors which are attached to my laptop. The laptop itself is 1080p. However, I have the 1440p external one set as the primary, which is where burp appears when I fire it up. If I drag burp onto the 1080p laptop panel, all is fine. Apart from this the display is fine on the 1440p panel, but this issue can become quite frustrating. Any suggestions?

Brian | Last updated: Jan 02, 2024 01:45PM UTC

A slight correction, I said the menus appear offset to the left, I meant to the right.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 02, 2024 02:00PM UTC

Hi Brian Have you tried adjusting the Scaling settings in Burp? You can find this if you navigate to Settings> User interface> Display. Please let me know if this helps

Brian | Last updated: Jan 02, 2024 02:10PM UTC

Hi, I realised something. I have 2 external 1440p monitors connected to my 1080p laptop. If On my left external monitor, the primary display, I get this issue. However, if I switch burp over to the right external display, which has exactly the same display settings, this issue is not present.. scaling didn't help unfortunately.

Brian | Last updated: Jan 02, 2024 02:12PM UTC

I should also mention, I am on Ubuntu 20.04

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 02, 2024 02:13PM UTC

Hi Brian Thanks for trying that. Are you able to email support@portswigger.net with some screenshots of the issue so we have more of an idea of the problem you are experiencing? Can you also include your diagnostics, please? You can find this by going through Help> Diagnostics.

Brian | Last updated: Jan 02, 2024 02:38PM UTC

Thanks, I'll do this

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.