Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Match and Replace strange behaviour

Riccardo | Last updated: May 02, 2022 12:29PM UTC

Hi everyone, I'm using the "Match and Replace" functionality to change the host header of an HTTP request. The problem is that even if I change the Host header, the request goes to the old Host header. This is apparent when I right-click the modified request and copy the url, or when I send the modified request to burp repeater (in that case the target is the old one, not the modified one) Is there a way to make burp request a resource respecting the new host header? thank you in advance

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 03, 2022 02:41PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Can you send an email to support@portswigger.net with some screenshots of your current configuration and a description of the environment you are testing, please? For example, are you testing the same application in two different environments and so the hostname and IP address of the server where the application is hosted changes, or do you have a slightly different scenario?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.