Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Masked IP

Fahad | Last updated: Sep 18, 2023 11:17PM UTC

I want to access a website that is inaccessible in my country and also want to intercept all data with BurpSuite. I'm using the Firefox browser right now. Tried several methods but it's not working sometimes the browser gives the error "Connection reset by peer: Connect" and sometimes Burp is not intercepting data. Kindly provide whole method how to configure the foxy proxy, burp proxy and other configurations. For accessing the website i'm using a paid SOCK5 proxy with authentication.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 19, 2023 12:59PM UTC

Hi Fahad, Have you configured Burp to use the SOCKS proxy, as detailed in our documentation below: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/settings/network/connections#socks-proxy

Fahad | Last updated: Sep 19, 2023 08:13PM UTC

I don't understand how the Socks proxy works but I configured Upstream proxy settings using a masked IP to access a website but it didn't work. Error: Connection Reset

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 20, 2023 01:28PM UTC

Hi Fahad, To clarify, are you still using a SOCKS proxy or are you now using something else to circumvent the restrictions in place in your country to access the target site?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.