Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Maintain selection state

Jackson | Last updated: Jun 21, 2022 04:29PM UTC

When using any module of burp that has a list of request/response items (so most modules), when you select one (or many) and then perform an action like highlighting, commenting, etc, burp then UNselects anything that was selected. It would be nice to have a user option that, when enabled, made burp maintain the selection state after an action is performed on the selection. Use case: I want to highlight AND comment (and potentially more) on a selection of several items. After doing one of those actions, I currently have to go back and re-select all of those items again which is not always trivial (especially in cases where not all of the items are next to each other).

Jackson | Last updated: Jun 21, 2022 07:49PM UTC

I was specifically having this problem in the intruder results widow. On further inspection, it appears that maybe this should be a bug report instead of a feature request because the proxy, issue, and target tab all already have the desired functionality.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 22, 2022 02:58PM UTC

Thanks for letting us know! We'll discuss this further with the team.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.