Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Macro "Define Custom Parameter" Does Not Show Full Response

Aidan | Last updated: Feb 24, 2022 12:35PM UTC

Hi, I'm trying to create a macro but Burp is not detecting the fairly standard "sessionId" parameter that is set in the response. When I try to define it as a customer parameter, I cannot see the entire response, even if I extend the "Define Custom Parameter" window. Only the first 297 characters of the response is ever displayed, even though the full response is displayed on the "Macro Editor" when recording the macro. I can define the parameter expression start and end manually but Burp still won't recognize the parameter, not sure if this is related or this is just a graphical bug... Thanks

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 24, 2022 01:23PM UTC

It sounds like the ExtendedMacro extension might help. You can extract data from an arbitrary response and replace or add data to the following request: - https://portswigger.net/bappstore/33839d04fdaa4e3b80292fbed115db13

Aidan | Last updated: Feb 25, 2022 12:55PM UTC

Thanks Liam. Is that to say that the behavior I'm experiencing is expected? Unfortunately, there does not seem to be too much documentation for ExtendedMacro...

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 25, 2022 01:25PM UTC

Could you provide screenshots of the behavior you are encountering? You can email us via support@portswigger.net.

Aidan | Last updated: Mar 08, 2022 02:56PM UTC

Hi Liam, I've sent in some screenshots. Thanks

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 08, 2022 03:28PM UTC

Thanks, Aidan. We'll follow up in the email thread.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.