Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

MacOS Burp forces the use of discret GPU

Remi | Last updated: Mar 26, 2020 07:30AM UTC

Automatic GPU Switch Flag is missing from the plist file. <key>NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching</key> <true/> This resolves the issue.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 26, 2020 12:11PM UTC

Thanks for reporting the issue. This is already in our backlog. I'm afraid we don't have an ETA right now but we have linked this thread so we can post here when there is an update.

Matt | Last updated: Apr 22, 2020 09:26PM UTC

Manually adding: <key>NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching</key> <true/> to my Info.plist does not resolve the issue. Starting Burpsuite still forces the discrete GPU on. This significantly impacts my ability to work without tether to a power source.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 23, 2020 08:27AM UTC

Thanks for letting us know that. I've linked this information to our main ticket for this issue.

Matt | Last updated: Apr 28, 2020 11:36AM UTC

Updated to Burp 2020.4 last night. This seems to have resolved the issue, at least for me.

Matt | Last updated: Apr 28, 2020 12:00PM UTC

I should mention, I do have to force the GPU to "integrated only" using gswitch, the system won't automatically switch off the GPU if Burp Suite is in use. But at least I can get a couple more hours out of the battery with this work-around.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 29, 2020 08:52AM UTC

Thanks for the update, I've linked this extra information to our main ticket for this issue.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 19, 2021 09:06AM UTC

Hi everyone We believe this issue should be fixed now, if you're still seeing issues, please let us know.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.