Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

Logging in to PortSwigger using the Burp Chromium Browser

Craig | Last updated: Apr 21, 2022 10:08PM UTC

Recently discovered (I was able to log in just fine previously), when I try to log into PortSwigger in the chromium browser, I get an anti-forgery error. "The anti forgery check failed. This could happen if your session has expired or if your browser is providing a cached version of the page or blocking cookies. To solve this problem, we recommend clearing the cookies and cache for our website and then performing a hard reload of the page. If the problem persists, please contact us." No issues logging in via Google Chrome, and yes I did clear cache and cookies and tried incognito. Here are the credentials I used to log in: (...kidding)

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 22, 2022 08:36AM UTC

Hi Could you tell me the version of Burp Suite that you are using? If you're having issues logging in using a particular browser, it is possible to launch the lab in a different browser and then copy and paste the URL of the launched lab back across to your proxied browser.

Michael | Last updated: Jun 15, 2022 01:20PM UTC

I do have the very same problem. I downloaded and installed the most recent Community version of BupSuite. Chrome Version 102.0.5005.63 (Official Build) (64-bit) I am able to log in from Firefox which is not intercepted by Burp.

Katie | Last updated: Jun 15, 2022 05:19PM UTC

I'm having the same issue with Burp Suite Pro v2022.3.9, the version which stated that it updated the version of Chromium to fix problems. I tried the different browser trick noted in the recommendation from April 22 and it did not work. I've also tried clearing cache/cookies, rebooting the PC and a number of other standard steps. I can log in using Chrome (no proxy through Burp), Firefox (proxy through Burp), but cannot get Chromium as the Burp browser to work.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 16, 2022 09:35AM UTC

Thanks for letting us know. We've replicated the issue. We'll update you when we have a solution.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 16, 2022 12:58PM UTC

We think the issue should be resolved. Please let us know if you have any further problems.

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.