Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

License key for second Burp Pro installation

Garry | Last updated: Aug 12, 2020 05:14AM UTC

Hi, There is already one Burp Pro installed on my system. I need to install another Burp Pro. I click on the set up and select the option to add new license key but after completion, but I do not get any option is add new licence key and by default it takes my older licence on the Burp. Please help, I need to add new license key on my second Burp installation. Rds, Garry

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 12, 2020 06:41AM UTC

Hi Garry Burp stores your license key so you don't have to reactivate your installation every time you start it up. Have you recently renewed your license and so gained a newer license with a different expiry date, or is there a different reason you want to change the license?

Garry | Last updated: Aug 12, 2020 07:05AM UTC

I will be purchasing new license soon, now consider this scenario: a. I already hv Burp Pro with license. Lets call it 'A' b. When I purchase a new Burp Pro license. Lets call it 'B', during installation, will I get any option to input new license for instance 'B' ? or by default its going to take the licence of instance 'A' ?(which is already there) My requirement is when I launch instance 'B' (after successful installation), i should see it displaying license of instance 'B' Is this possible ? Rds, Garry

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 12, 2020 07:22AM UTC

Hi Garry Unless your old license has expired, it will use the old license. However, you can change the license being used by Burp by going to "Help > License > Update license key". Burp Suite Professional is licensed per user, rather than per installation, which is why your license information will persist on your account. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.