Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

License erased

Alex | Last updated: Oct 18, 2022 09:26AM UTC

Hello! After the reset of the desktop (Win 10), the license key disappeared from the windows registry. When I tried to re-activate the same key on the same desktop, the error message "no more activations allowed for this license" was the only one I got. What is the problem and how to fix it? PS. Maybe it's important, that a couple weeks ago I made the following: - changed motherboard - tried Win 11 and then downgraded back to Win10

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 18, 2022 09:39AM UTC

Hi, To give you a brief overview, each Burp Professional license comes with a handful of activations that allow our users to install and use Burp on more than one machine, by default. These activations are, however, finite and will run out if you carry out a number of activations (particularly in a short space of time). The error message that you were observing is a result of you using up all of the activations associated with that particular license key. You should now, however, be able to activate Burp again using that license key.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.