Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

License activation failed

Madireddy, | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 12:25PM UTC

I am receiving error as “no more activations allowed for this license” when I am trying to activate license on my laptop(PFA for reference). Earlier I already activated license on the same device which I am trying to activate now. But due to formatting all files are deleted and that’s the reason I am trying to activate again. I am facing this issue since an hour and unable to activate it. This is really urgent for me to be fixed as we use Burp daily in our corporate work. Please let me know the resolution for this issue.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 12:43PM UTC

Hi Supraja, Please email support@portswigger.net with the email address associated with the license and a snippet of the license key. We can add additional activations for you once we have found your license.

Madireddy, | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 01:05PM UTC

I have mailed to respective team but i received response like this: "unfortunately, I can not locate any license under your name or in your account. Our end user agreement is per user so I am afraid I can not add any more activations as the license you are using is in another name. Do you perhaps have another email it is under?" Please check and let me know what info I need to provide to them to get resolution.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 01:12PM UTC

Hi Supraja, You will need to provide the email address associated with the license. It does not appear to be yours so please double-check this with your IT/licensing team and reply to the email.

Madireddy, | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 01:19PM UTC

Hello Team, I just replied to the email with email address associated with the license. Will that be enough or anything else is required? Regards, Supraja.M

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 01:22PM UTC

Hi Supraja, That should be enough. We will reply to you directly in that email thread from now on.

Madireddy, | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 01:25PM UTC

Thank you so much!

Madireddy, | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 03:21PM UTC

I am still waiting for the response. Can you please let me know if there is any update.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 03:37PM UTC

Hi Supraja, I have added some more activations for you. Please email us if you have any further issues.

Madireddy, | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 03:52PM UTC

Thank you very much for the resolution!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.