Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

License Activation

Holgersson | Last updated: Mar 01, 2020 10:54PM UTC

Hi I work as a consultant doing security audits for different clients. The clients I usually work with are fairly security conscious and require me often replacing media used during audits, often once an assignment is complete. This means that I replace hard drives often and thus have to activate licenses almost every time I prepare for a new client. This has not been a problem until earlier this week when I could no longer activate my Burp license. So the question is, what do I need to do to once again be able to activate my Burp installation? Regards. Fredrik Holgersson

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 02, 2020 09:05AM UTC

Hi Fredrik, I have just sent you an email to discuss your situation in more detail.

Chris | Last updated: Sep 03, 2020 03:53AM UTC

I'm also coming across this problem. Good data hygiene says we should be using a clean machine/virtual machine for each client. That means a new activation each time. Is there a better solution for this? Maybe a way to mark previous activations as no longer in use rather than having to contact portswigger each time. Also, this question is being asked all the time. Maybe you could put something in the FAQ about it, or at least respond to someone in the forum publically rather than via direct messages? Cheers, Chris

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 03, 2020 07:37AM UTC

Hi Chris, We understand the need for our customers to use Burp on more than one machine so our current approach is that each license automatically allows for a handful of additional activations to provide for this scenario. Beyond this, users will need to get in contact with us directly so that we can discuss their individual requirements.

AngyouKnow | Last updated: Sep 29, 2020 09:44PM UTC

I'm having a similar problem. I create and destroy virtual machines to perform my audits of clients web applications. This will result in the need for a new activation for each engagement. If there is only a handful of activations that I can use, how will I be able to deal with future engagements. I am currently unable to activate my license and I have 2 engagements coming up. I have submitted an email inquiring about this. Thank you Jeremy

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 30, 2020 07:07AM UTC

Hi Jeremy, We have received your email and will respond to your questions via that medium.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.