Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Lab Throwing 504 Error

Carson | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 02:26PM UTC

Hello, Lab: SameSite Lax bypass via cookie refresh Is throwing a 504 Gateway time-out error, I had no issue working and using other labs in CSRF and this one will not load. The lab might need to be reset. Thank you

Carson | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 02:29PM UTC

Tried on Chrome and Firefox, same error, lab probs just needs reset

Michael | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 02:58PM UTC

I am also having the same issue, but I'm doing labs in Cache Poisoning. whenever I try to launch the lab by hitting the "access lab" button, the tab opens and loads for about 30 seconds and then will give a 504. tried on Chrome, Edge, and FireFox.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 04:11PM UTC

Hi both, Are you seeing this issue as of right now? I have tried launching a handful of different labs and am currently experiencing no issues with this so it would be useful to know if you are still seeing this behaviour.

Carson | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 06:54PM UTC

Yes still experiencing it with multiple labs, ive seen this error on various forums which makes me believe it is a server issue

Carson | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 06:55PM UTC

This seems to be an issue since 2020 that people have had, what typically solves this issue?

Carson | Last updated: Jul 16, 2024 06:57PM UTC

It loads labs at random attempts, Ill have 8 attempts or so trying to access lab on various browsers and always get 504 then try another time and it randomly works. So even if it works once it still fails many times/ doesnt load

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 17, 2024 07:31AM UTC

Hi Carson, Every time I check this I am not hitting the same issue as other users and the labs seem to load and function as expected - if it is a consistent issue then we may need to redeploy the environment itself.

V50n | Last updated: Jul 21, 2024 12:17PM UTC

Hi, I tried to launch the lab in my VM and had this issue. But when I tried to launch directly from my PC, it's seems OK.

Hande | Last updated: Jul 22, 2024 12:55PM UTC

Hello, Since Saturday afternoon, I am facing the same issue trying to solve the labs of csrf and web cache poisoning and while launching, I've just encountered 504 timeout on the Lab: CSRF where token validation depends on request method

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 23, 2024 06:55AM UTC

Hi Hande, So this is a consistent issue for you over a number of days or is it just periodically happening?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.