The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Lab of Reflected XSS not solving

Kaustubh | Last updated: Jul 13, 2024 03:16PM UTC

solving the lab of "Lab: Reflected XSS into a JavaScript string with angle brackets and double quotes HTML-encoded and single quotes escaped" (https://portswigger.net/web-security/cross-site-scripting/contexts/lab-javascript-string-angle-brackets-double-quotes-encoded-single-quotes-escaped). Its not showing the Solved status, even after getting a alert popup. i used these payloads 1] \';alert(document.domain)// 2] \'-alert(1)// have gotten the alert box popped up multiple times, have tried it in different sessions too, the portswigger lab id where it gets changed after some time.

Kaustubh | Last updated: Jul 13, 2024 03:50PM UTC

shows solved now, ????

Marc | Last updated: Jul 19, 2024 07:12PM UTC

Not solving for me as well. I was able to get the alert multiple times and the lab did not get solved.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 22, 2024 07:00AM UTC

Hi Marc, Are you able to provide us with some details of the steps that you are taking so that we can assist you with this?

goderz | Last updated: Sep 03, 2024 05:52AM UTC

Hello. Changing browser from Chromium to Edge worked it out for me.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.