Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Keyboard Shortcuts

Que | Last updated: Nov 29, 2020 01:23PM UTC

Hey, Burp keyboard shortcuts are not responsive occasionally (sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't - but mostly they don't), Burp is updated to the latest version (2020.11.2). The keyboard shortcuts are essential part for me when using Burp, this is really frustrating. Thanks.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 30, 2020 12:25PM UTC

Hi, Are there any shortcuts in particular that you find do not work? In addition, is there any pattern, in terms of what actions you are performing at the time that the shortcuts are unresponsive, that would allow us to try and replicate the issues that you are experiencing?

Que | Last updated: Dec 01, 2020 04:05PM UTC

Hey Ben and thanks for your reply, The issue affects the keyboard shortcuts in general (i.e., all keyboard shortcuts). I couldn't find a solid patter, the only time I got the keyboard shortcuts to work is when I interact with burp Extender (for example, enabling or disabling random extension) - it then works for few seconds and stop working again. Restart (of the computer or Burp itself) or changing the project did not have any affect on the issue.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 02, 2020 11:52AM UTC

Hi, Which operating system are you running Burp on? We have not had any other users report any problems but we can take a look to see if we can replicate this if you can confirm what OS you are using.

Que | Last updated: Dec 04, 2020 11:42AM UTC

I am using Windows 10 20H2 (OS build 19042.630). Thanks.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 04, 2020 03:44PM UTC

Thanks for confirming that! So far, I've not been able to replicate your issue here I'm afraid. Are there particular keyboard shortcuts you use a lot? Do you have any extensions installed then this starts happening? Are keyboard shortcuts working in other applications when they stop working in Burp?

Que | Last updated: Dec 06, 2020 09:41AM UTC

Hey, I use mainly the default keyboard shortcuts that comes with Burp (e.g., CTRL+SHIFT+P to move to the Proxy tab), I can't tell for sure if this issue is related to any extension, because it is not consistent (sometimes when I disable the extensions the keyboard shortcuts work and sometimes they don't). But I noticed when I work without a project, I can use the keyboard shortcuts. The keyboard shortcuts are working fine in any other application. I recorded a sample video of the issue, Which I can share privately (like email). Thank you.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 07, 2020 09:28AM UTC

If you can send the video to support@portswigger.net that would be great as it will help us see the steps you are taking and hopefully make it easier to replicate, thanks!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.