Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Jython standalone 2.7.3 error

Travis | Last updated: Jun 30, 2023 05:02AM UTC

I downloaded Jython standalone 2.7.3 when I try to add it to Burp I get the following error: java.lang.Exception: Extension class is not a recognized type at burp.Z_0u.ZF(Unknown Source) at burp.Z_0u.ZW(Unknown Source) at burp.Za7e.ZZ(Unknown Source) at burp.Z_ua.ZA(Unknown Source) at burp.Zjjh.lambda$panelLoaded$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:577) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:317) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1144) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:642) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1589) I also have the file in the settings under Python environment that states location of standalone Jython jar file. No luck :( Plz help!

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 30, 2023 12:12PM UTC

Hi Travis Could you provide more detail about your extension? Can you ensure that the BurpExtender class implements IBurpExtender.

Travis | Last updated: Jun 30, 2023 04:54PM UTC

Not sure what you mean. I downloaded the Jython standalone file from Jython.org. Do I have the wrong file? I also downloaded the Jython installer from the same site and they both will not load into Burp. The Jython file is Jython 2.7.3 and I am running Burp community edition v2023.6.2

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 03, 2023 09:16AM UTC

Hi Travis Are you able to load any arbitrary Python BApp from the BApp store? Please ensure you are loading the Jython JAR into the Python environment panel in the Extension settings and not as a BApp.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.