Burp Suite User Forum

Login to post

Jython not configured

William | Last updated: Jun 16, 2022 01:04PM UTC

I've not able to access the bapp storr but all day & night i've been trying to get it to work and for some reason when i download the files from firefox they don't work but when i download them from google chrome they give me a different error of jython not configured

William | Last updated: Jun 16, 2022 01:50PM UTC

Sloved

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 16, 2022 01:52PM UTC

Hi William, Extensions written in either Python or Ruby require you to obtain and configure a version of either Jython or JRuby within Burp in order for them to work (extensions written in Java can be run directly without any additional configuration). You can configure these under the 'Python Environment' and 'Ruby Environment' sections of the Extender -> Options tab, within Burp. For Python extensions you need to obtain the standalone version of Jython available on the following page: https://www.jython.org/download.html Once you have obtained the standalone Jython Jar file you can then add it to Burp using the 'Select file' button next to the 'Location of Jython standalone JAR file' setting within the Extender -> Options tab.

You need to Log in to post a reply. Or register here, for free.