Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found

Nive | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 04:47AM UTC

Hi, I am trying to install burp on an Android 10 emulator and I an getting the following error when I try to access the app I'm trying to test. ```javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found`` I can intercept traffic from chrome without any issues. I am only having issue with the app. I have burp version 2020.4.1 installed.

Nive | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 05:57AM UTC

I'm on a windows machine and have java 11 installed. Also, the app does not have cert pinning.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 09:09AM UTC

Since Android Nougat, Android no longer trusts user or admin supplied CA certificates. Could you try the following? https://blog.nviso.be/2018/01/31/using-a-custom-root-ca-with-burp-for-inspecting-android-n-traffic/

Nive | Last updated: Jun 02, 2020 11:41PM UTC

Hi, I've installed Magisk Manager 7.5.1 on my device but cannot see the option to import module on the left hand side. The only option available is settings. Is there something that I am missing?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 03, 2020 07:51AM UTC

The blogpost is from 2018, the tools used may have been modified. We'd recommend contacting the authors of Magisk Manager for specific advice with their tool. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.