Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Javascript Not rendering

Shaya | Last updated: Aug 17, 2021 08:34AM UTC

Hello Team, When proxying through burp the webpage isn't rendering any of the javascript. This results in most of the significant features of the page remaining unloaded. When I remove the proxy everything loads fine. Webapp is a *.firebaseapp.com Tested using the burp-built-in-browser as well as firefox with foxyproxy.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 17, 2021 10:28AM UTC

Hi Shaya, We have replied to your email regarding the same issue. For anyone else who sees this behavior, please share the information below with support@portswigger.net - Screenshots of the Developer tools > Console, and Network tabs when the issue occurs. Please ensure that the protocol column is visible in the Network tab - Is the issue that some resources are failing to load? What response are you seeing in the browser and Burp? - Which version of Burp are you using? - Have you tried enabling JavaScript-driven redirection under Project options > HTTP?

Alex | Last updated: Jan 18, 2023 10:03PM UTC

HI! I have got the same problem. No JS scripts render on the page. Has this issue been solved yet?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 19, 2023 02:18PM UTC

Hi Alex We've responded to your email.

N. | Last updated: Apr 20, 2023 07:49PM UTC

Hello, I have a similar problem when testing a website using Firefox with FoxyProxy, and using Burp Suite Community Edition. Some of the errors received are "jQuery is not defined", "$ is not defined". Can you help me solve this issue?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 21, 2023 10:08AM UTC

Hi Does the website load without errors in Firefox when not proxied through Burp? Do you receive the same errors when using Burp's built-in browser (Proxy > Intercept > Open browser)?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.