Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Issues with loading python modules

Prathik | Last updated: Jun 11, 2021 06:19AM UTC

except for java, python extenders are not working. please help Thanks Prathik

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 11, 2021 07:04AM UTC

Hi Parthik, To confirm, have you setup the Jython standalone Jar file under the Extender -> Options -> Python Environment section within Burp? If so, are you able to share with us some of the errors that you are seeing when you try and install a Python extension?

adrian | Last updated: Jul 10, 2022 02:54PM UTC

Hi, I also have the same issue. I setup the path to jython2.7 this works fine. I've setup the path for loading python moduels to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages and this gets ignorred when writing scripts for Turbo Intruder. I try to include my module like import mtrand and I get an exception Starting attack... /home/adrian/Downloads/dlg/turbo-intruder/build/libs/Lib /home/adrian/Downloads/dlg/turbo-intruder/build/libs/jython-standalone-2.7.0.jar/Lib __classpath__ __pyclasspath__/ /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ There was an error executing your Python script. This is probably due to a flaw in your script, rather than a bug in Turbo Intruder :) If you think it is a Turbo Intruder issue, try out this script: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PortSwigger/turbo-intruder/master/resources/examples/debug.py For your convenience, here's the full stack trace: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 12, in <module> ImportError: No module named mtrand You can see there that I printed sys.path for debugging purposes. If I try to import my module by running python in the command line it all works great! Thank you!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 11, 2022 11:22AM UTC

Hi Adrian, I can see that you are already deep in conversation, in a separate email thread, with my colleague Hannah regarding the specific issue that you have with Turbo Intruder - it is probably easier to continue the conversation that you have already started in that thread.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.