Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Issues with CTRL key shortcuts on Ubuntu 22.04

Mark | Last updated: Aug 17, 2022 05:47AM UTC

I'm normally a windows users, but made the move to Ubuntu. If found that when working in Repeater the CTRL key shortcuts work sporadically. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes they just don't work. I'm on the latest version of Burp v2022.8.1. Is this a known issue? I don't have problem with these keys outside of Burp suite. It's supper annoying as I rely on CTRL shortcuts, like CTRL-Shift-U to URL-Decode and CTRL-Z to undo changes. It's a pain when CTRL-shift-U just does a U and overwrites my text and CTRL-Z doesn't work to undo it... Thanks, Mark

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 17, 2022 01:42PM UTC

Thanks for getting in touch. This isn't something that has been reported by other users, so I've just been running some tests to see if I can replicate it. So far, I've not been able to get it to behave in the same way. Have you noticed this happening with a certain type of request? How often does it happen? Are there any patterns you've spotted that allow you to reliably replicate the problem? If you can replicate it can you send over a screen recording showing the steps to support@portswigger.net so we can take a closer look at this for you, please?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.