Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Issues saving scan configuration in Burp Suite Professional

William | Last updated: May 20, 2021 05:56PM UTC

I am actually using this under the obsglobal.com license - my IS team didn't share the email used for our account so sending this in under my old login. When I choose new scan, then new configuration, choose audit - no matter what choices I make, it will not save the configuration and says 'No configuration details defined' So I can't seem to save any new custom scan configuration.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 20, 2021 06:43PM UTC

Hi William, A quirk of the current system means that when you make changes within a particular section of the scan configuration screen you need to leave that section expanded within the UI, rather then minimizing the section, for the change to be kept i.e. if you change the Audit speed setting within the Audit Optimization section of the configuration then you need to keep the Audit Optimization section visibly expanded within the UI in order for it to be saved. This also means that if you are making changes in multiple sections of the configuration then you need to leave all of them visibly expanded for the changes to be kept when saving. Hopefully this makes sense but if not then please send us an email at support@portswigger.net and we can provide some screenshots to, hopefully, illustrate this better.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.