The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Issue with windows remain open (frozen), on macbook air m2 running sonoma 14.5

antonio | Last updated: Jun 02, 2024 08:35AM UTC

I have an issue, every time I get a confirm window, the Windows ie edit proxy listener doesn't close, it just stays there, it happens to me on the proxy listener, and also on the intruder module, when closing the scan, I was using the jar file, then a switched to the burp installer for apple silicon, and the issue is still there, I'm running java java --version openjdk 21.0.3 2024-04-16 I just tried the early adopters hoping it would fix it but it doesn't, not sure if it's the last version of Mac Sonoma having something to do with it, i did not have issues with the April build, but I got back to it and the windows remain open.

antonio | Last updated: Jun 02, 2024 08:42AM UTC

forgot to mention im using build v2024.5.1-29260, but the issue persist on the build 2024.3.1.4

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 03, 2024 01:16PM UTC

Hi Thanks for getting in touch. In April, when you did not have the issue, were you using the Early Adopter or Stable release of Burp? Are the edits you made to the Proxy Listener made even though the conform dialog stays open?

antonio | Last updated: Jun 04, 2024 04:08AM UTC

i was using stable, but i did upgraded to sonoma 14.5, not remember which version I was before, and yes the proxy listener stays open, the same with intruder attacks.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 04, 2024 12:29PM UTC

Hi We've run some tests on machines using Sonoma 14.5 and we're not seeing the same issue. Could you send a screen recording of the steps you're taking when the issue occurs and a copy of the output from Help > Diagnostics from your installation to support@portswigger.net to help us investigate further, please?

antonio | Last updated: Jun 04, 2024 10:44PM UTC

sure, let me do that, another thing, that I believe its maybe an issue with sonoma, I notice my mac was signed for the macos Sonoma Developer Beta, so maybe I have installed a unstable version? but anyway let me send you the diagnostics

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 05, 2024 08:20AM UTC

Hi We've got your email so we'll take a look through and be in touch soon.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.