Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Issue with Grep - extract for error message in lab : Lab: Username enumeration via subtly different responses

Nicolas | Last updated: Sep 07, 2024 11:00AM UTC

Hello, On this lab : https://portswigger.net/web-security/authentication/password-based/lab-username-enumeration-via-subtly-different-responses I added "Invalid username or password." as matching string (greb extract) but after the attack, the error column is empty. In the setting of the "attack" under Grep - Extract I see : Start after expression : -warning> End at delimiter : </p>\n <form Why can't it extract the error message? I also tried with : Start after expression : -warning> End at delimiter : </p> But it is the same. Any clue? Thanks

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 09, 2024 08:54AM UTC

Hi Nicolas, I have just attempted the lab using the written solution and can confirm that it solves. Can you please send us screenshots/ screen recordings of your attempt at the lab so we can better advise? You can send this to support@portswigger.net

Nicolas | Last updated: Sep 09, 2024 10:02AM UTC

It works. My bad, I think I have added search string on Grep Match instead of Grep Extract. You can close my post, thanks

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 09, 2024 03:16PM UTC

Thanks for letting us know :)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.